Monday 23 April 2007

Tweseldown


New blogger Pip has arrived. Finally I have access.

My first contribution will be a report on yesterday's events at the unaffiliated ODE at Tweseldown. I will leave other liveries to comment on their own experiences and just relate the mixed fortunes of me and that daughter of mine. Yes, she did it again - she came 2nd. Blaze was quite naughty in dressage - he jogged all the way round the medium walk and got 4 for that movement. A shame as it doubled up. But he got a creditable 35 (that's 65% for you none eventers!) overall. The SJ was the brightest and most full-up course I've seen on my Intro career to date and it took its toll over the day. But Blaze pinged round clear and then proceeded to go clear and inside the time XC. Much happiness! The photo is not actually from yesterday but does show Blazey Boy enjoying an equally happy time at Tweseldown just recently.


As for me, well I did get a good dressage score (68.5%) and I was chuffed to bits with just 4 faults SJ. But the XC undid me again. Fox and I are not really made for that phase! I'm too old and he's not the most forward out there in the wide open spaces. Never mind - we had a good day!

1 comment:

GavinB said...

Fantastic, well done both of you.

Welcome Pip!!! At last!!