Thursday 17 May 2007

One in - One out

The livery yard has one new arrival and a sad departure. Otto has just started his journey back to Holland for a quiet life. As I think eveyone knew he was diagnosed as having Dorsal Arthropathy between 3 of his vertebrae in his neck. After loads of the bes drugs and two months of walking rest we decided that he would be better suited to a diferent pace of life. As anyone who saw him showing off in his vetting will know, he is still full of life and wants to prove it - yes I did stay on throughout the 3 rodeo sessions
In Otto's place "Try me Once" has arrived, another poncy Dutch horse. In Holland he was known as "The Montecristo horse" as that was his fab father so he needs a down to earth stable name.....
He is currently on isolation, so no touching, but he is so gentle and wants to play with everyone. I'm trying not to be too over exited but I can't wait to sit on him tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Oh he's so lovely. I'm so sorry to see Otto go but hope he has a fab time in his new career.

What's the new boy's stable name? Mr T?!!