Monday 14 May 2007

Wet 'n wild cross country

Having pulled out of the hunter trials as the ground was too hard it was somewhat ironic that less than a week later we couldn't jump the coffin as it was water logged ....
David assured me that Hogan and I would be okay doing his XC clinic so I signed up . We started indoors ( due to thunder and lightning not rain ) and for the first time in 6 plus years my riding was described as 'shocking' - well deserved too .
Once the Duke's Hall was needed for lessons we headed outside and off to bottom woods and the arrow head or log as a warm up. We then had a little discussion over going into the water and Hogan was eventually was persuaded it wasn't that scary when a pretty mare acted as our lead .
We found the right XC canter when we sent off on our own and then headed back to the others and this time took the water in our stride ( well trot at least ) .
All in all it was worth getting soaked before we even started due to Hogan living out now and thus needing to be caught . I discovered ny joddy boots leak resulting in the need to purchase new socks for comfort and then Caroline tried to add 10 % rather than deduct it from the bill .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd only heard rumours about the return of "Shockin' Sheerin", but now I've met him, all I can say is "I'm shocked!"

Ruthie said...

Glad you had fun! Let's hope the grounds good for September!